How do I measure my muscles to calculate my total inches?

To measure the circumference of a muscle, use a tape measure. Wrap the tape measure around the muscle belly, or largest part of the muscle while the muscle is relaxed. Measurements can be performed for arm, thigh, calf, chest, and stomach.

Tim Ferriss
Fitness
Get a simple tape measure and measure five locations: both upper arms (mid- bicep), waist (horizontal at navel), hips (widest point between navel and legs), and both legs (mid- thigh). Total these numbers to arrive at your total inches (TI).
The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman

Thinner, bigger, faster, stronger... which 150 pages will you read?Is it possible to: Reach your genetic potential in 6 months? Sleep 2 hours per day and perform better than on 8 hours? Lose more fat...

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

Why should I create an exercise log?
Clients who are new to exercise should choose to keep an exercise log. An exercise log can have a va...
How can I measure the intensity of my exercise?
To measure the intensity of your exercise you should measure your heart rate. Aerobic exercise can b...
How should I measure my waistline?
Instead of watching the scale -- a habit that has sent many successful losers plummeting to diet...
I joined a gym to lose weight, but I am gaining weight. Is it muscle?
If you are new to training, you might be overestimating your expenditure. For example, if you’re...