How is the curl up test performed?

To do the YMCA curl up test, you will need someone to help measure, place tape, and time the test.  Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet on the floor. Rest your arms down by your sides. Have your partner measure and place tape 3.5” in front of your hands. Start the timer and perform as many curl ups as you can in one minute. You must touch your shoulders back to the ground in between each curl up and touch the tape each time you lift. 

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

How can I measure the intensity of my exercise?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Either purchase a fitness monitor or learn how to take your own pulse rate and exercise at least s...
What's the best way to measure my fitness progress?
It's easy to step onto the bathroom scale every day. However, the number it displays doesn't provide...
What should my heart rate be during cardio exercise?
Todd Townes - Sharecare Fitness ExpertTodd Townes - Sharecare Fitness Expert
Start by determining your maximum heart rate. I suggest the following formula: 220 - your age = esti...
What causes muscular imbalances?
Keith Chittenden , NASM Elite TrainerKeith Chittenden , NASM Elite Trainer
Muscular Imbalances can be caused by improper seated or standing postures.  If you are constantly si...