How accurate are bioelectrical impedance (BEI) results?

The accuracy of BEI for body fat estimation is approximately 3-6%.  However if a machine is not well calibrated, it can be as much as 10% off.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

How can I assess my strength?
Aaron Nelson Aaron Nelson
First of all it is very important that when you are assessing strength you have someone with you. If...
How does the RPE help determine the intensity of exercise?
The Borg RPE scale provides a subjective measure of intensity. An easy way to estimate if the activi...
What are watts and how do they determine my exercise intensity?
Watts measures the rate of energy conversion. It is defined as one joule per second. In the case...
What variables contribute to the success of an exercise plan?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
The acute variables of exercise include: Repetitions are the number of times an exercise is repe...