What are the checkpoints for good posture during seated exercise?

During seated exercise, you should maintain proper posture throughout the body. Check that your feet face forward, knees are at a 90 degree angle, hips are at a 90 degree angle with a minimal arch in the lower back and shoulders are relaxed and pulled back. Additionally, try to keep your head in a neutral position, where the ears are in line with the shoulders.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

What tools can I use to track my progress in my new fitness plan?
The best ways to track a fitness plan is by using a calendar, a journal or designing your own sp...
When should I progress in my exercise program?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
One thing that most fitness professionals understand better than anyone else is how and when to prog...
What is an athlete field evaluation?
Thayne MunceThayne Munce
In an athlete field evauation, one or more athletes are evaluated during training, practice, or comp...
How does talking help determine the intensity of exercise?
Joan PaganoJoan Pagano
The "talk test" is a timeless and easy way to guage the intensity of cardio exercise, based on your ...