What should my form look like while running?

In order to develop speed, it is important to possess “proper sprint mechanics.” This includes
  • Flexion of the ankle, knee and hip as you lift a leg forward
  • Extension of the ankle, knee and hip as you push a leg backward.
Additionally, the foot, ankle and knee should point straight ahead, and the body should have a slight lean during acceleration.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

What is the National Institute for Athletic Health and Performance (NIAHP)?
Michael Bergeron, PhDMichael Bergeron, PhD
The National Institute for Athletic Health and Performance (NIAHP) is a group of scientists and heal...
How can athletes be evaluated during exercise in the heat?
A sweat fluid and electrolyte losses and physiological strain in the heat assessment evaluates an at...
Should I jump into local races even if I am not in race shape yet?
Absolutely! Since there’s so much more to being a successful cyclist than merely having great fi...
What causes muscular imbalances?
Keith Chittenden , NASM Elite TrainerKeith Chittenden , NASM Elite Trainer
Muscular Imbalances can be caused by improper seated or standing postures.  If you are constantly si...