Can I eat or workout before my hydrostatic weighing test?

For accurate results, do not eat 6 hours before the test, and avoid caffeine as well as vigorous activity 8-12 hours prior.  It is also best to se the restroom right before the test.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

How does the RPE help determine the intensity of exercise?
The Borg RPE scale provides a subjective measure of intensity. An easy way to estimate if the activi...
How do I determine my fitness level?
There are three exercise factors that reveal a lot about a person's risk of death and disability -- ...
What does the curl up test measure?
The “curl up” is also known as a crunch. This test measures abdominal strength and endurance. This t...
What variables contribute to the success of an exercise plan?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
The acute variables of exercise include: Repetitions are the number of times an exercise is repe...