Is it okay to eat and/or exercise before my skin fold test?

Yes.  Eating will not affect results in a skin fold test.  Exercise is fine, as long as you are not sweaty when the trainer is taking the measurement.  Having more blood flow and tone to your muscles after the workout may even help the trainer feel the separation between fat and muscle.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

How can I make best use of EPOC (Excess Post-exercise Oxygen Consumption)?
Excess Post-exercise Oxygen Consumption is the period of time after exercise where your body is stil...
What tests are used to assess lower body agility and control?
The Shark Skill test measures agility and neuromuscular control in the lower extremities. Start by m...
Why should I track my exercise progress?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
Your resting pulse can serve as a general measure of improved cardiovascular health, so a reason...
How do I determine my fitness level?
There are three exercise factors that reveal a lot about a person's risk of death and disability -- ...