Is it okay to eat and/or exercise before my bod pod test?

It is recommended to avoid eating for 3 hours, and abstain from exercise 1 hour before your test.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

Why is waist-hip ratio important?
Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)
A study found that waist-to-hip ratio is a better predictor of heart-related events and death in peo...
How do medications affect my health/fitness assessment?
Certain medications may alter your blood pressure and/or heart rate.  It is important for your hea...
What variables contribute to the success of an exercise plan?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
The acute variables of exercise include: Repetitions are the number of times an exercise is repe...
How can I assess my activity level?
If you don’t raise your heart rate  or breathing for a combined 30 minutes, five to seven days per w...