Do circumference measurements assess body composition?

Circumference measurements are best used as a tool to evaluate the pattern of fat distribution throughout the body, however it can actually be used to predict body fat percentage within 2.5-4% accuracy.

Continue Learning about Evaluating & Measuring Fitness

How do I self monitor my exercise?
Self monitoring exercise is being aware of all the impacts of exercise physically and psychologi...
What is heat tolerance testing?
Michael Bergeron, PhDMichael Bergeron, PhD
Heat tolerance testing evaluates an athlete’s current tolerance to exercising in the heat. Athletes ...
What is the "talk test” and is it accurate to measure exercise intensity?
The biggest problem with individuals and cardiovascular training is how to determine the intensi...
How does the RPE help determine the intensity of exercise?
The Borg RPE scale provides a subjective measure of intensity. An easy way to estimate if the activi...