What should I do if I miss a dose of Natazia?

If you miss a dose of Natazia, a birth control pill, but remember within 12 hours of your normal dose time, take the missed pill immediately and continue to take the rest of the pills at your normal time. You do not need backup contraception.

If you miss a dose of Natazia during cycle days 1 to 17 and it is more than 12 hours past your normal dose time, take the missed pill immediately and take your next pill at the normal time. Use backup contraception (such as condoms and spermicidal foam) for the next nine days.

If you miss a pill on days 18 to 24 and it is more than 12 hours past your normal dose time, do not take any more pills from the current pack and throw it away. Start a new pack, taking the day 1 pill. Finish the rest of the pack as usual, using backup contraception for nine days.

If you miss a pill for more than 12 hours on days 25 to 28, take your missed pill immediately (even if you have to take two pills that day) and continue the rest of the pack as usual. You do not need backup contraception for pills missed on those days.

If you miss more than one pill in a row, check the instructions in the package for directions on using backup birth control and starting a new pill pack.

You could become pregnant if you have sex on the days after you miss pills, especially if you missed more than one pill close to the end of the pack and did not use backup contraception. Contact your doctor if you think you might be pregnant before starting a new pack.

Continue Learning about Estrogen

Is There a Link Between Estrogen and Cancer?