What if I miss a dose of estradiol gel?

If you forget to apply estradiol gel and your next scheduled dose is less than 12 hours away, skip the one you missed. Instead, wait and apply your normal dose the next day. If it is more than 12 hours until your next dose, apply the one you missed and resume your normal schedule of doses the next day. Never apply extra estradiol gel to make up for a missed dose. If you accidentally spill some of the packet of estradiol gel, don't open a new packet. Wait and apply your usual dose the next day.

Continue Learning about Estrogen

What impact does a decline in estrogen have on women?
Declining estrogen is associated not only with such life draggers as hot flashes and insomnia but wi...
How effective is estrogen-replacement therapy (ERT) against bone loss?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For women, estrogen-replacement therapy, or ERT, after menopause is the single most effective pr...
Is vaginal estrogen cream safer than estrogen pills?
Patricia Geraghty, NPPatricia Geraghty, NP
Vaginal estrogen, delivered as a cream or tablet or flexible plastic ring, is used to treat vaginal ...
What should I know before taking conjugated estrogens?
If you have asthma, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, epilepsy, hypoparathyroidism, impaired kidney ...