What should I do if my estradiol patch falls off?

If you apply an estradiol transdermal system properly, there is very little chance that it will fall off or become loose. However, if that happens, simply press the patch back into place. Avoid touching the sticky side of the patch. If you aren't able to replace it, fold the patch in half so that it sticks to itself and throw it away. Replace the patch with a fresh one and keep the new patch on for the remainder of your dosing schedule.

Continue Learning about Estrogen

What effect does estrogen have on the heart?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Estrogen raises protective high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol and lowers harmful low-den...
What should I know before using the vaginal estrogen ring for menopause?
If you have a family history of breast cancer or a family history of liver porphyria, a vaginal estr...
What should I know about taking estrogen?
There are many different forms of estrogen, including tablets, transdermal systems ("skin patche...
What is the role of estrogen during pregnancy?
By increasing the number and size of blood vessels that go to the uterus, estrogen helps increase bl...