What should I know about estradiol acetate before taking it?

Estradiol acetate should improve symptoms throughout the body, whether it is taken orally in tablet form or vaginally as a vaginal ring. Do not use estradiol acetate if you are pregnant. Using estradiol acetate for a long time increases your risk for heart attack, stroke and uterine, breast and ovarian cancers. Your doctor will try to find the most effective, lowest dose and use it for the least possible time to prevent side effects. Regular breast exams are advised.

Continue Learning about Estrogen

What should I know before using the vaginal estrogen ring for menopause?
If you have a family history of breast cancer or a family history of liver porphyria, a vaginal estr...
What medicine treats vaginal atrophy other than estrogen cream?
Vaginal atrophy can be treated with vaginal dilators -- available in different widths and sizes -- t...
Is soy milk bad for men?
dotFITdotFIT
Isoflavones (components of soy) have been a part of the diet in different populations for centuries....
What changes occur in women's bodies due to a drop in estrogen levels?
When your body experiences a drop in estrogen (female hormone) levels, you may notice a variety of c...