What should I know about estradiol vaginal ring before using it?

Using estradiol vaginal ring for a long time increases your risk for heart attack, stroke and breast or uterine cancers. Your doctor will try to find the most effective, lowest dose and use it for the least possible time to prevent side effects. Regular breast exams and checkups are advised. Some pre-existing medical conditions may require dose changes.

Continue Learning about Estrogen

Is there a link between estrogen and cancer?
Too much estrogen has recently been linked to an increased cancer risk in women.In this video, Dr. O...
How do vaginal estrogen rings work to relieve menopause symptoms?
Vaginal estrogen rings work to relieve menopause symptoms by replacing estrogen. Menopause symptoms ...
As a woman, can estrogen protect me from heart disease?
Leigh Vinocur, MDLeigh Vinocur, MD
In the past, doctors believed that estrogen would protect women from heart disease. Historically...
What side effects of estrogen should I report to my doctor?
If you develop any of the following side effects while using a medication containing estrogen, t...