Is there a generic version of Evamist?

Currently, there is not a generic version of Evamist. Evamist is covered by a patent until 2017, which is the earliest that a generic form will be able to be manufactured. Sometimes the generic name for Evamist is referred to as estradiol, which is actually the active ingredient in Evamist. Estradiol is a form of estrogen.

Continue Learning about Estrogen

How do vaginal estrogen rings work to relieve menopause symptoms?
The Estring releases estradiol, a form of estrogen, at a dosage of 7.5 mcg a day. Estradiol acts dir...
Can estrogen replacement therapy affect periodontal disease?
Some research suggests that women with osteoporosis who take estrogen supplements might be able to s...
What side effects of estrogen should I report to my doctor?
If you develop any of the following side effects while using a medication containing estrogen, t...
What changes occur in women's bodies due to a drop in estrogen levels?
Estrogen plays a large role in a woman's body and when it drops it affects almost every body system ...