How do I use an estradiol vaginal ring?

An estradiol vaginal ring is inserted in your vagina, either by you or your healthcare provider. The opposite sides of the insert should be pressed together and inserted into the vagina compressed. The ring insert is placed as deeply as possible in the upper third of the vagina. You leave the vaginal ring in place for three months. After that, if you plan to continue receiving estradiol therapy, you should replace the ring with a fresh one. Follow all label instructions for inserting the vaginal ring. If it's uncomfortable, falls out frequently or causes any other problems, talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Estrogen

What is an estrogen patch?
Jan L. Shifren, MDJan L. Shifren, MD
Applied like a Band-Aid, estrogen patches deliver a continuous dose of estrogen for up to a week...
How do conjugated estrogens for injection interact with other medications?
If you are taking dabrafenib, enzalutamide, ospemifene, or tizanidine, bazedoxifene and conjugated e...
Should I avoid taking estrogen pills during perimenopause?
Julia Schlam EdelmanJulia Schlam Edelman
Estrogen levels are erratic in perimenopause. It is a common misconception that the discomforts ...
How is a vaginal estrogen cream or suppository used to treat menopause?
Estrogen can be applied directly to the vagina to ease the discomfort caused by vaginal atrophy. Atr...