How should I use Estrace vaginal cream?

Estrace vaginal cream comes in a tube. An applicator is provided. Follow all label instructions. This product is usually applied inside the vagina once daily for two to four weeks, and then applied one to three times a week. You should use the lowest possible dose that's effective. See your doctor every three to six months to discuss whether you still need this drug. If you are a woman who has reached menopause and you have not had a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus), ask your doctor if you should be taking another type of medication called a progestin.

Continue Learning about Estrogen

What is the function of estrogen in women?
Jan L. Shifren, MDJan L. Shifren, MD
The "female" hormone, estrogen causes the uterine lining to thicken during the menstrual cycle i...
Where does estrogen come from?
The sex hormones estrogen and progesterone are produced by a ruptured egg follicle after it releases...
How does estrogen cause uterine cancer?
The hormone estrogen triggers growth of the uterine lining. This is a normal part of the menstrual c...
How do I use estrogen?
There are many different types of medications that contain estrogen, including tablets, transder...