How should I take Estrace tablets?

You can take Estrace with or without food. Your doctor may instruct you to take Estrace once a day or to follow a rotating schedule in which you don't take this medication on certain days. You should take the lowest possible dose that's effective and see your doctor every three to six months to discuss whether you still need this drug. If you are a woman who has reached menopause and you have not had a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus), ask your doctor if you should be taking another type of medication called a progestin.

Continue Learning about Estrogen

How can I limit the side effects of using estrogen?
You can lower your risk of side effects from medications that contain estrogen by taking the fol...
How do estrogens interact with other medications or food?
Estrogens can interact with food and medications. Let your doctor know if you drink a lot of grapefr...
How effective is the vaginal estrogen ring at easing symptoms of menopause?
The vaginal ring may help relieve some of the urinary symptoms related to decreased estrogen, such a...
How can applying estrogen help treat overactive bladder?
Women need estrogen to help maintain strength and flexibility of tissues around the bladder and ...