How should I take estradiol?

Estradiol is an active ingredient in a wide variety of medicines. How you take estradiol depends on the form the medicine it comes in. This drug may come as an oral tablet, a vaginal tablet, a skin patch, a topical cream or gel, a vaginal ring or an injection. Follow your doctor's instructions for the proper way to use estradiol.

Continue Learning about Estrogen

What is estrogen?
Estrogens are groups of hormones that can be made by humans, animals and plants. Estradiol is the m...
How do I use estrogen?
There are many different types of medications that contain estrogen, including tablets, transder...
How does estrogen affect pain?
Dr. Daniel G. Amen, MDDr. Daniel G. Amen, MD
A study in the Journal of Neuroscience tested pain sensitivity in women at different times during th...
What is estriol?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Estriol is one of the three main estrogens (estradiol and estrone are the other two) produced by the...