How much estrogen does a pregnant woman produce?

Beginning at week 14, the placenta is fully operational, pumping out continuous, high levels of estrogen and progesterone, among other hormones. Just to put it all in perspective, a pregnant woman produces more estrogen in one day than a non-pregnant woman generates in three years. And that's not even mentioning progesterone, which is also revving high. Both hormones play huge roles in preparing for and supporting pregnancy.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Estrogen

How can I limit the side effects of using estrogen?
You can lower your risk of side effects from medications that contain estrogen by taking the fol...
What is an estrogen patch?
Jan L. Shifren, MDJan L. Shifren, MD
Applied like a Band-Aid, estrogen patches deliver a continuous dose of estrogen for up to a week...
After menopause, how can I boost my estrogen levels through a healthy diet?
Plant estrogens can be found in whole grains and beans, which can provide a small amount of estrogen...
Who should not take estrogens?
Pregnant women or nursing mothers should not take estrogens, or female hormones. Women with abno...