How much estrogen is needed to prevent and treat osteoporosis?

With estrogen-replacement therapy, or ERT, the dose of estrogen needed to prevent and treat osteoporosis is the equivalent of 0.625 mg conjugated estrogen daily, given for 21 to 25 days each month.
Stop Osteoarthritis Now: Halting the Baby Boomers' Disease

What exactly is this debilitating disease? It is an inflammation in or around the joints caused by wear and tear on the cartilage and bone, resulting in pain, swelling, or stiffness in the back,...

Continue Learning about Estrogen

What are estrogen secreting tumors?
American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsAmerican Association of Endocrine Surgeons
Estrogen secreting tumors cause a feminizing syndrome. They may or may not cause signs and sympt...
What side effects of estrogen should I report to my doctor?
If you develop any of the following side effects while using a medication containing estrogen, t...
Can estrogen cause dry socket?
Estrogen does not cause dry socket. However, high estrogen levels from oral contraception may bl...
Does vaginal estrogen use increase breast cancer recurrence?
Lauren Streicher, MDLauren Streicher, MD
There is essentially no evidence that using tiny amount of estrogens directly on vaginal tissues to ...