Does use of estradiol increase my risk of getting cancer?

Use of estradiol may increase your risk for getting cancer and other conditions that can lead to cancer. Use of this drug raises your risk of getting endometrial hyperplasia, which is a condition that can lead to cancer of the uterus. Long-term use of this drug may also increase your risk of developing breast cancer. Use of estradiol can also increase risk of endometrial cancer. You should discuss these risks with your doctor prior to use.

Continue Learning about Estrogen

What should I know before using the vaginal estrogen ring for menopause?
If you have a family history of breast cancer or a family history of liver porphyria, a vaginal estr...
Can an estrogen and testosterone combination help treat my hot flashes?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Estratest is a hormone treatment product that combines estrogen and testosterone. It was approved fo...
Is soy milk bad for men?
dotFITdotFIT
Isoflavones (components of soy) have been a part of the diet in different populations for centuries....
How do estrogen levels affect headaches?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Estrogen directly affects the level and activity of both headache-producing (e.g., dopamine and ...