What if my child breaks open a packet of estradiol gel?

If your child or anyone else is accidentally exposed to estradiol gel, wash the skin thoroughly with soap and water. It's important that you act immediately to prevent estradiol from being absorbed, especially if the person whose skin has been exposed is a boy or man. Store estradiol gel and all medications in a safe, secure place. Keep them out of reach of children at all times.

Continue Learning about Estrogen

What is the role of estrogen during pregnancy?
By increasing the number and size of blood vessels that go to the uterus, estrogen helps increase bl...
What should I know before taking Osphena?
Jennifer Ashton, MDJennifer Ashton, MD
Osphena helps relieve vaginal dryness and painful intercourse; side effects include hot flashes, swe...
What should I know before using the vaginal estrogen ring for menopause?
If you have a family history of breast cancer or a family history of liver porphyria, a vaginal estr...
What is an estrogen ring?
Elizabeth Poynor, MDElizabeth Poynor, MD
A low-dose estrogen ring is designed to treat vaginal dryness. In this video, Elizabeth Poynor, MD, ...