There is no cure for essential tremors, but you can manage the frequency and severity of your tremor. Your doctor may prescribe medication or recommend a surgical procedure called deep brain stimulation. You may work with physical or occupational therapists that can teach you how to make lifestyle changes to minimize your tremor. You can also try alternative therapies like meditation or biofeedback.
- Q When is deep brain stimulation used to treat tremor?
- Q Are there side effects to medications that treat an essential tremor?
- Q How does a thalamotomy help essential tremors?
- Q How does deep brain stimulation treat an essential tremor?
- Q How is essential tremor (ET) treated?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for an essential tremor?