There is no cure for essential tremors, but you can manage the frequency and severity of your tremor. Your doctor may prescribe medication or recommend a surgical procedure called deep brain stimulation. You may work with physical or occupational therapists that can teach you how to make lifestyle changes to minimize your tremor. You can also try alternative therapies like meditation or biofeedback.
- Q Will octanoic acid help my essential tremor?
- Q Are prescription medications available for an essential tremor?
- Q How do medications treat an essential tremor?
- Q Is essential tremor an indication for deep brain stimulation (DBS)?
- Q Are there side effects to medications that treat an essential tremor?
- Q How does a thalamotomy help essential tremors?