There is no cure for essential tremors, but you can manage the frequency and severity of your tremor. Your doctor may prescribe medication or recommend a surgical procedure called deep brain stimulation. You may work with physical or occupational therapists that can teach you how to make lifestyle changes to minimize your tremor. You can also try alternative therapies like meditation or biofeedback.
- Q Is essential tremor an indication for deep brain stimulation (DBS)?
- Q Are there side effects to medications that treat an essential tremor?
- Q How do medications treat an essential tremor?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for an essential tremor?
- Q When is deep brain stimulation used to treat tremor?
- Q How is essential tremor (ET) treated?