How do I manage my esophageal cancer on a daily basis?

Many of the daily problems associated with esophageal cancer involve difficulty in swallowing (and therefore eating). It is important to maintain good nutrition during the disease and throughout treatment. Things such as liquefied food, smaller meals, easily accessible snacks, and soft, easy-to-swallow foods can help maintain nutrition. A dietician can help with preparing a proper diet as well as with information about dietary supplements such as vitamins. Daily pain management may also be necessary.

Continue Learning about Esophageal Cancer

Health Risks of Untreated GERD
Health Risks of Untreated GERD
Heartburn occurs when digestive acid from the stomach backs up into the esophagus, the muscular tube that connects the throat to the stomach. This cau...
Why do people refuse surgery for esophageal cancer?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
It is hard to know why people refuse surgery for esophageal cancer and what factors affect their dec...
Can surgery for esophageal cancer improve my chances of survival?
Surgery for esophageal cancer may improve your chances of survival. A study showed that people with ...
What Can Happen If GERD Is Untreated?
What Can Happen If GERD Is Untreated?