Why should I support my partner if he has erectile dysfunction (ED)?

Madeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Psychiatry
Like many sexual concerns, erectile problems aren't just a man's issue -- they're a couple's issue. While it's not your job to solve your guy's erectile dysfunction (ED) for him, your support and understanding can go a long way to helping him address it. Research backs up this: In a study published in the November 2009 issue of the Journal of Sexual Medicine, researchers found that men were more likely to seek help for ED if their female partners were satisfied with the relationship before ED began and had a positive attitude about treatment.

Continue Learning about Erectile Dysfunction

Common ED Drug May Accelerate Skin Cancer
For all you guys out there who are taking Viagra (sildenafil citrate) for erectile dysfunction (ED), we’ve got some good news and some bad news. The g...
Is impotence the same thing as erectile dysfunction (ED)?
Erectile dysfunction and impotence are two terms, often used interchangeably, that mean almost t...
Do most men experience impotence at some time in their life?
More than 30 million men in the U.S. have erectile dysfunction (ED), according to the National I...
How Can Lack of Sleep Affect My Erections?