Why did my doctor tell me to stop smoking to help with my ED?

Smoking might wreck havoc on your sex life long before it kills you. If you smoke, your risk of erectile dysfunction (ED) is 40% higher than if you never smoked. The more cigarettes you puff, the greater the risk of choking your sex life.

Here’s why: Smoking cigarettes impairs the blood flowing through your arteries into your penis. It’s a simple equation: no blood flow = no woody. Smoking impairs your body’s ability to produce nitric oxide, a short-acting compound that helps relax your arterial muscles so blood can flow smoothly.

Now, let’s be honest. Quitting the smokes isn’t going to cure your ED overnight. But you’ll stop doing the damage to your arteries, and incidentally, save your own life.

Continue Learning about Erectile Dysfunction

New Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
New Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
Note to guys (and the women who love you): If you haven't been reaching the usual heights between the sheets, the cause might be that little bottle in...
What are some complications of erectile dysfunction?
Many of the complications of erectile dysfunction are emotional or psychological. Obviously, if you...
How can I know if my erection problems are physical or psychological?
Good In BedGood In Bed
When dealing with erectile problems or erectile dysfunction the cause may not be clear. However, the...
Does Smoking Cause Erectile Dysfunction?