Is erectile dysfunction painful?

They may experience a loss of libido, low self-esteem and depression. Many men are embarrassed because of ED and hesitate in opening up to their doctors about the condition. Doctors have many treatments for ED, including drugs such as sildenafil (Viagra), vardenafil (Levitra) and tadalafil (Cialis) that can help men achieve or sustain an adequate erection.
Erectile dysfunction (ED) isn't painful--at least not in the physical sense. The main symptom of erectile dysfunction is the inability to get or sustain an erection. Instead of feeling sore or achy when you have erectile dysfunction, you feel--well, nothing.

At least not in your body. Your psyche is another matter. If you experience erectile dysfunction infrequently, you might be able to dismiss the problem and not worry about it. However, persistent erectile dysfunction can bludgeon your self esteem and leave you depressed or anxious. Don't suffer with this very treatable problem. Talk to your doctor, soon. 

Most of the time, erectile dysfunction isn't painful. Sometimes, certain underlying medical conditions that cause erectile dysfunction may be painful. For example, injury to the penis or surgery that affects the genitals or pelvis may cause pain. In general, though, erectile dysfunction itself isn't physically painful.

Continue Learning about Erectile Dysfunction

Erectile Dysfunction May Predict Heart Problems
Erectile dysfunction not only causes problems in the bedroom -- it can also signal much larger health issues. A study from Johns Hopkins’ Ciccarone Ce...
When should I seek medical advice for erectile dysfunction?
If you are having problems with erectile dysfunction (ED) it would be a good idea to get medical adv...
What impact does stopping smoking have on ED?
When my male patients ask my advice for sexual problems, they're always surprised that I ask the...
How Can I Prevent Erectile Dysfunction?
How Can I Prevent Erectile Dysfunction?