What is the rate of incidence of erectile dysfunction?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is actually somewhat common. It's estimated that about 20 to 30 million men in the United States have erectile dysfunction. ED is more common among older men -- it's estimated that about 50 percent of men between 40 to 70 years old are affected somewhat by erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction is also more common among men with certain medical conditions. For example, among men with diabetes, about 30 to 50 percent have erectile dysfunction.

Continue Learning about Erectile Dysfunction

How can I know if my erection problems are physical or psychological?
Good In BedGood In Bed
When dealing with erectile problems or erectile dysfunction the cause may not be clear. However, the...
Is erectile dysfunction an indicator for heart disease?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Erectile dysfunction is considered a potential indicator of heart disease. Certain types of erectile...
Is male infertility the same thing as erectile dysfunction?
Male infertility and erectile dysfunction are not the same thing, though it can be easy to confu...
Why did my doctor check my breasts and scrotum if I have ED?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is sometimes caused by an endocrine (hormonal) imbalance. Signs that you h...