If I have ED more than half the time, should I speak to my doctor?

You should certainly see your doctor if you experience erectile dysfunction (ED) more than half the time. In fact, if you have trouble getting an erection, or maintaining it long enough to have sex, more than 25% of the time, you should probably talk to your doctor. Your doctor can do a thorough exam to help determine what may be causing your ED, so he or she can suggest effective solutions.
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is frequent inability to get or maintain an erection. It’s common for men to experience occasional erection problems, but if ED occurs more than 25% of the time you should see your doctor. ED--and health problems that are associated with it--can be treated.

Often, when a man sees his doctor to discuss ED, an exam finds that he also has heart disease, diabetes, or a neurological condition. If you have been diagnosed with one of these health problems and think your medication is causing ED don’t stop taking it without talking to your doctor first. You may be given a different dose or switched to another medication. 

Continue Learning about Erectile Dysfunction

Treatment Options for ED
Treatment Options for ED
These days, you have a whole range of options for dealing with erectile dysfunction (ED). The exact treatment you use will depend on what's causing yo...
Is erectile dysfunction a long-term condition?
If you have had a frustrating experience or two in the bedroom, don't freak out. It's not necess...
What percent of the male population is affected by ED?
Technically, it’s about 6%. But that’s kind of like the person who has one hand in ice water and the...
Is It Important to Look For Psychological Causes of Erectile Dysfunction?