Can eating a high fat meal cause the ED medication to be less effective?

The typical American high-fat diet is bad news for your health and your sex life. Regular high-fat meals of fast-food burgers, fries, and a milkshake will not only slow down your body with extra poundage it will also slow down your erectile dysfunction (ED) medication. Most ED medications, which treat the inability to get and maintain an erection during sex, can be taken with or without food. But taking  ED medication with a high-fat meal will delay the medication from doing its important work. In other words, you may be in the mood for sex, but your penis may not respond as quickly as you would like. Healthy meals that include lean meats, whole grains, and vegetables are a better, more erection-friendly choice.

Continue Learning about Erectile Dysfunction

Severe Gum Disease May Lead to Impotence
A fresh, healthy mouth plays well in your favor each time you lean in for a kiss. And it may have a surprising benefit in the bedroom: helping prevent...
Do all older men have erectile dysfunction?
While some men never have erectile dysfunction, many men do experience ED with aging.  
What impact does stopping smoking have on ED?
When my male patients ask my advice for sexual problems, they're always surprised that I ask the...
What are the Potential Side Effects of Drugs Used to Treat Erectile Dysfunction?