How much weight should I lose to treat ED?

You're probably going to find your sex life improves when your BMI (body mass index) drops to normal. Studies have found that men who have a BMI of 28.7 or higher -- a measure that determines whether a person is overweight or obese -- have a 30% higher risk for ED, while men with a normal BMI of 25 have a 30% lower risk of ED. I think if men realized how their weight affects their sexual performance they would get on a weight loss plan faster then you can say "Lose It."

Continue Learning about Erectile Dysfunction Treatment

Why is regular exercise important to treat erectile dysfunction?
Exercise, even moderate exercise like a brisk walk, stimulates your body to produce nitric oxide. Th...
What is the success rate for penile implants?
Marc B. Garnick, MDMarc B. Garnick, MD
Regardless of the model chosen, patients and their partners report a high overall degree of satisfac...
Is It Important to Look For Psychological Causes of Erectile Dysfunction?
Can Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction Depend on Other Conditions?