Is my erectile dysfunction related to the colorectal cancer I had recently?

Your erectile dysfunction may be related to your colon or rectal cancer. Some treatments for colon and rectal cancer involve surgery. Particularly in rectal cancer, the surgeon must cut around nerves responsible for erections. Sometimes these nerves are damaged. Radiation therapy for these types of cancer may also damage these nerves.

Talk to your doctor about treatments and medications that may help you get and sustain an erection.
If you had surgery or radiation treatment for colorectal cancer, that may have brought on the problems you're having with erectile dysfunction. The treatments needed to eliminate tumors in the colon and rectum sometimes damage nerves needed to produce an erection. In the case of surgery, erectile dysfunction is more likely to result if the disease was widespread. Ask your doctor about treatments that may help you overcome erectile dysfunction.

Continue Learning about Erectile Dysfunction Causes

How common is ED after age 40?
If you’re a guy over 40, there’s a fifty-fifty chance that you have a problem getting or keeping an ...
What are the most common risk factors for erectile dysfunction?
Among the most common risk factors for erectile dysfunction are: Hardening (or clogging) of the ...
Can an Enlarged Prostate Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
How Can I Prevent Erectile Dysfunction?
How Can I Prevent Erectile Dysfunction?