How does stress affect erections?

Madeleine M. Castellanos, MD
Psychiatry
When you have anxiety or stress, it creates a state in your body that directly opposes sexual arousal. This can interfere with getting or keeping an erection (or even reaching orgasm for some). Sometimes men are not aware of anxiety that they create for themselves, which may come in the form of doubts or negative thoughts. If you are having difficulties with your erection and have no physical cause for it, then it would be important to explore in what ways anxiety is affecting you. I believe that you owe this to yourself and the future of your sexual functioning.

Continue Learning about Erectile Dysfunction Causes

How Can I Prevent Erectile Dysfunction?
How Can I Prevent Erectile Dysfunction?
Can Erectile Dysfunction Be Prevented?
Can Erectile Dysfunction Be Prevented?
Does Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
Does Smoking Cause Erectile Dysfunction?