Can high blood pressure cause erectile dysfunction?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

It is possible for high blood pressure to cause erectile dysfunction, especially if it is left untreated. High blood pressure damages your arteries and reduces the amount of blood that is able to flow through them. If the arteries controlling blood flow to your penis become hardened or narrow it may become increasingly difficult to keep an erection or to get one at all.

Continue Learning about Erectile Dysfunction Causes

How Can Bladder Cancer Treatment Affect a Man's Sexual Health?
Does Smoking Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
What are the Potential Side Effects of Drugs Used to Treat Erectile Dysfunction?
How Can I Prevent Erectile Dysfunction?
How Can I Prevent Erectile Dysfunction?