Is erectile dysfunction caused by drugs?

Using illicit drugs can result in erectile dysfunction (ED). These include cocaine, amphetamines, heroin, even marijuana. Chronic use of these drugs can cause many problems with your health, and erection problems are just a symptom of the serious damage you are doing to your well-being. Alcohol can get you in trouble, too. While a drink or two a day may be okay, more than two drinks a day can lead to cardiovascular problems over time. In the short term, drinking too much is the enemy of erections. As Shakespeare wrote in Macbeth, drinking “provokes the desire, but it takes away the performance.” Over a long period of time, drinking too much may cause ED.

Continue Learning about Erectile Dysfunction Causes

Does Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction Ever Include Surgery?
Why Can't I Get an Erection?
Why Can't I Get an Erection?
How Can Bladder Cancer Treatment Affect a Man's Sexual Health?
What are the Potential Side Effects of Drugs Used to Treat Erectile Dysfunction?