Can lack of sleep cause erectile dysfunction?

Ronald Tamler, MD
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
There is a connection. If you’re always tired and have low desire, it may be a result of low testosterone. Obstructive sleep apnea, a condition marked by loud snoring and even chortling and choking at night, typically befalls men. In a recent study, Mount Sinai physicians demonstrated that obstructive sleep apnea was associated with low testosterone and erectile dysfunction.

Continue Learning about Erectile Dysfunction Causes

Is erectile dysfunction common in men with heart or blood vessel disease?
Yes, men with cardiovascular disease are more likely to have erectile dysfunction (ED). Cardiovascul...
Is erectile dysfunction prevalent in men with cardiovascular disease?
You have probably heard the phrase "a canary in a coal mine." But you probably haven't heard it ...
Are Obesity and Erectile Dysfunction Related?
How Can I Prevent Erectile Dysfunction?
How Can I Prevent Erectile Dysfunction?