What should I do first if someone has a seizure?

If someone has a seizure, what do you do first? Watch as Dr. Oz explains in this video what to do first when someone is suffering a seizure.

Continue Learning about Epilepsy & Seizures Treatment

What to Do When You See a Seizure
What to Do When You See a Seizure
What do actor Danny Glover, President Theodore Roosevelt and singer Neil Young have in common? All of them have had epilepsy at one point in their liv...
Is there a cure for seizure disorders?
Angela Mark, MDAngela Mark, MD
There is no one single cure for seizures since seizures are caused by different things. Therefore th...
What are the side effects of anticonvulsant taken for epilepsy?
Jeanne Morrison, PhDJeanne Morrison, PhD
There are several different types of anticonsulsant drugs used for epilepsy and each drug may have i...
Do I need surgery if I have epilepsy?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
The majority of people with epilepsy do not need to have surgery. In most cases, seizures can be...