What happens during a seizure?

During a seizure there is a burst of electrical activity in the brain that causes the signals to get a bit mixed up and travel around the nervous system. The mixed-up messages might make people fall to the ground and shake all over. They might also cause people to stare into space for a while as if they are daydreaming, or to smell a strange scent or to get a strange taste in their mouth.

Continue Learning about Epilepsy & Seizures

7 Myths About Epilepsy You Should Stop Believing
Things we don’t fully understand may seem mysterious—even frightening. If you’ve ever seen an actor pretending to have a seizure on TV, for example, y...
How Can I Manage My Seizures?
How Can I Manage My Seizures?
How Well Do Anti-Seizure Drugs Work?
How Well Do Anti-Seizure Drugs Work?
What Are the Different Types of Seizures?