Is epilepsy a common neurological disorder?

Epilepsy is the third most common neurologic disorder which affects approximately 1 in 200 persons. It is more common in children and older adults.

Continue Learning about Epilepsy & Seizures

5 Treatment Options for Epilepsy
5 Treatment Options for Epilepsy
For many of the three million Americans currently living with epilepsy, a condition characterized by recurrent seizures, the mainstay of their treatme...
Are seizures dangerous?
American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
Although it may be frightening to see someone unexpectedly having a seizure, most seizures last ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my seizure disorder symptoms?
Yes, you should talk to your doctor right away if you experience any symptoms of a seizure disorder,...
What Types of Medications Are Used to Treat Epilepsy?