Most seizures last only a few seconds, or at the most, a few minutes. If a seizure lasts more than 5 minutes that person is said to be entering a state known as status epilectus and needs medical attention.
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my seizure disorder symptoms?
- Q What is epilepsy (seizure disorder)?
- Q What are seizures?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for seizure disorders?
- Q Should I put something in the mouth of someone having a seizure?
- Q Should I call 9-1-1 for a person having a seizure?