Most seizures last only a few seconds, or at the most, a few minutes. If a seizure lasts more than 5 minutes that person is said to be entering a state known as status epilectus and needs medical attention.
- Q What are seizures?
- Q How are epileptic seizures different from nonepileptic seizures?
- Q Should I put something in the mouth of someone having a seizure?
- Q When should we be concerned about epilepsy?
- Q How can we encourage more talks about epilepsy?
- Q Should I call 9-1-1 for a person having a seizure?