Does stress affect pediatric seizures?

Paige Latham
Nursing
Certain types of seizures (or other "pseudo-seizure" activity) can be triggered by things such as stress or anxiety.  Part of the reason for this is that stress can lower the seizure threshold, that is to say, make it more likely for seizure activity to take place.

Continue Learning about Epilepsy & Seizures

What Are the Different Types of Seizures?
Not all seizures are epilepsy. In this video, Gayatri Devi, MD, director of New York Memory and Healthy Aging Services discusses the different forms s...
What is a complex partial seizure?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Complex partial seizures are a type of seizure typically associated with temporal lobe activity and ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my seizure disorder symptoms?
Yes, you should talk to your doctor right away if you experience any symptoms of a seizure disorder,...