How do I manage my environmental allergies on a daily basis?

The best way to manage your environmental allergies on a daily basis is to avoid allergens. For example, if you are allergic to dust mites, wash bed sheets in hot water and use dust mite covers on pillows and mattresses. If you are allergic to pet dander, vacuum regularly and consider keeping the pet outdoors. Nasal irrigation can also help you cope with your symptoms. Additionally, take allergy medicine as directed by your doctor.

Continue Learning about Environmental Allergies

Maybe It’s a Spice Allergy
Maybe It’s a Spice Allergy
When the Spice Girls, Scary, Sporty, Ginger, Baby and Posh were sprinkling their pop vocals over the airwaves, some folks had a strong reaction to the...
What is non-celiac gluten sensitivity?
Michael Albertson, MDMichael Albertson, MD
People with non-celiac gluten sensitivity (NCGS) are very sensitive to wheat products without having...
What is multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS)?
Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MDLawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
MCS (multiple chemical sensitivity) is a term used to describe a variety of symptoms that stem f...
Treat Allergies to Tame Asthma Symptoms
Treat Allergies to Tame Asthma Symptoms