How do I manage my environmental allergies on a daily basis?

The best way to manage your environmental allergies on a daily basis is to avoid allergens. For example, if you are allergic to dust mites, wash bed sheets in hot water and use dust mite covers on pillows and mattresses. If you are allergic to pet dander, vacuum regularly and consider keeping the pet outdoors. Nasal irrigation can also help you cope with your symptoms. Additionally, take allergy medicine as directed by your doctor.

Continue Learning about Environmental Allergies

Environmental Allergies

Environmental Allergies

With environmental allergies, reducing your exposure to whatever is irritating you is key. Some people are allergic to household cleaners such as laundry detergent, hence the many varieties of mild detergent. With common irritants ...

like mold and dust, a cleaning routine can help. Reduce mold by removing houseplants, using a dehumidifier, avoiding carpet in the bathroom and cleaning indoor trash cans and shower curtains with a mix of water and chlorine bleach. Reduce dust by replacing carpets with wood or linoleum, removing drapes and feather pillows, regularly vacuuming soft furniture and floors, and washing bedding weekly.