Can a dehumidifier help my mold allergy symptoms?

Doctors recommend that people with mold allergy use a dehumidifier in their homes. A dehumidifier is an easy and effective way to reduce the amount of humidity and moisture in your home, especially in high-humidity areas like basements and bathrooms. Keeping your home as dry as possible will help reduce the amount of mold in your home. Make sure to properly clean your dehumidifier, since they can actually be a source of mold if not properly maintained.

Also, special air filters can be very effective in helping you avoid mold spores and preventing mold allergy symptoms. Certain air filters called high-efficiency particulate air filters (or HEPA filters) can help trap any mold spores that come through them. Make sure you install these filters on air conditioning systems within your home, and make sure you change them frequently.

Continue Learning about Environmental Allergies

Maybe It’s a Spice Allergy
Maybe It’s a Spice Allergy
When the Spice Girls, Scary, Sporty, Ginger, Baby and Posh were sprinkling their pop vocals over the airwaves, some folks had a strong reaction to the...
What are some common places that may trigger mold allergy?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Mold allergy can be caused by exposure to several different kinds of molds, including penicillium, c...
If I have mold allergies, what should I be careful of?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Mold spores absolutely love moisture! They often grow on decaying vegetation or on the ground, so vi...
What Has Attributed to the Growth of Food Allergies?