When should I see a surgeon for joint pain?

It depends on how much the condition is impacting your life and your ability to function and sleep. There are conservative treatments that you can undergo before seeing a surgeon. There are injections, physical therapy, exercise and weight loss. If you've tried all these options and you still have pain and dysfunction that's dramatically impacting your life, it might be time to talk to a surgeon.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Continue Learning about Environment - Bones & Joints

Tests and Exams to Diagnose Joint Pain
Tests and Exams to Diagnose Joint Pain
There are many different causes of joint pain. Some are common—osteoarthritis, which occurs due to a breakdown of cartilage in the joints, affects mor...
How can I use boswellia extract to help relieve joint pain?
Boswellia, also known as Indian frankincense, is an herbal extract that alleviates joint pain by...
Efrain Paz Jr., DOEfrain Paz Jr., DO
It depends on how much the condition is impacting your life and your ability to function and sleep. ...
Ease Joint Pain in Cold Weather
Ease Joint Pain in Cold Weather