What questions should I ask my doctor about joint pain?

Deborah Davis
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
Joint pain is discomfort that arises at the point where two or more bones meet. Joint pain can be mild, causing some soreness each time you move or it can be severe, making it impossible to use your joint. Joint pain is rarely an emergency and in most cases can be managed at home. You should ask your doctor about self-care measures and when you should seek medical assistance.

Continue Learning about Environment - Bones & Joints

Environment - Bones & Joints

Environment - Bones & Joints

We tend to take our bones and joints for granted until we experience bone or joint pain. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes pain and stiffness for you to notice something's not right. Perhaps your knees ache when you jog or when yo...

ou do strength-training exercises. Environmental factors, like a change in barometric pressure before it rains, can also cause your joints to ache. When you understand what causes your bone or joint pain, you'll be better able to work with your doctor to find ways to treat it.