What should I ask my urologist regarding enlarged prostate pain?

1.  Is there an infection or tumor? 
2.  Is there a nodule or swelling in the gland? 
3.  Do I need a biopsy? 
4.  What is my PSA level?
5.  Are there any medications to treat my symptoms?  What are the urinary and sexual side effects?

Continue Learning about Enlarged Prostate

How common is benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)?
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is a common condition in older men. The incidence of BPH is 40-50...
What is robotic radical prostatectomy?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
A radical prostatectomy is a surgery for prostate cancer that involves removal of the entire prostat...
Does enlarged prostate affect children differently than adults?
The prostate gland grows throughout a man's life, but it doesn't reach the size where it could becom...
What is benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)?
BPH stands for benign prostatic hyperplasia or an enlarged prostate. This is a common condition in m...