How does enlarged prostate affect my quality of life?

Men older than 40 should be on the look out for signs of an enlarged prostate, specifically symptoms like difficulty controlling urination, pain while urinating, and blood in the urine. Once signs are noticed, men should be tested quickly to prevent the symptoms from getting worse. The older men get, the more likely they are to have an enlarged prostate, especially if there is a family history of such problems. However, testing shouldn't be necessary unless symptoms arise.

Continue Learning about Enlarged Prostate Signs & Symptoms

Should I talk to my doctor about my enlarged prostate symptoms?
If you are a man displaying symptoms of an enlarged prostate, you should contact your doctor and con...
Why is it difficult for men to urinate when they get older?
It's a normal part of getting older: as men age, their prostate (the walnut-shaped gland under the b...
What are the symptoms of benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH)?
MediGuardMediGuard
Typically patients with BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy) have the following symptoms: pain or prob...
Does an enlarged prostate increase my chances of getting prostate cancer?
Having an enlarged prostate does not affect your chances of getting prostate cancer. Although the tw...