What kind of multivitamin should I take to boost my energy?

Eating a healthy diet is the best way to ensure that you get the right vitamins and amino acids to ensure good health. While there is no scientific evidence that states that vitamin supplements should replace a healthy diet in the general population, some individuals may have medical conditions that lead to vitamin or mineral deficiencies that could affect energy levels.

Anemia, for example, is a common complaint that may be caused by low hemoglobin levels. Vitamins containing iron, folate or vitamin B may be useful in these cases, but it is important to work with your doctor to determine the source of the anemia and choose the right supplement. Many vitamins are water soluble and will be rid from the body through urination if your body has sufficient levels. Other vitamins and minerals can be toxic if you take too much. It is important to discuss any multivitamins you may be taking with your primary care providers to ensure these are the right supplements for you.
Multivitamins contain key nutrients to support overall health and keep your immune system strong so you can fight off illness. If you’re a premenopausal woman and/or still have your ovaries, you’ll want to take one with iron -- otherwise you no longer need this nutrient in supplement form. (You may want to discuss with your doctor.) Take a multi every morning that contains:
  • no more than 3500 IU vitamin A
  • no more than 30 IU vitamin E
  • and 100% daily value of other vitamins.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Energy Boosters

Stop Making Excuses and Learn How to Be Healthy
Excuses, excuses, excuses. They always seem to keep us from getting where we really want to be. Not this year! It's time to push excuses off for good ...
How can I boost my energy in the morning?
Many people experience their lowest energy in the morning and have difficulty waking up. To help...
5 Ways to Beat the Afternoon Slump
5 Ways to Beat the Afternoon Slump5 Ways to Beat the Afternoon Slump5 Ways to Beat the Afternoon Slump5 Ways to Beat the Afternoon Slump
And we're not talking about caffeine.
How to Beat Your Fatigue
How to Beat Your Fatigue